Sunday, September 21, 2014

I love being here with Hna. Van de Merwe!!‏ {September 1st}

Dear y'all,

Hmm what to say... Well we had interviews with the President this week, which went well. It feels good to be able to express yourself and ask questions. That definitely helped me end my week with a bang. He made me commit to do the all the baptism invitations from now on... Which has always been tough for me, but I've been doing it! Even if I get nervous, I just gotta do it! Hna. Van (for short) really helps me a lot, she helps me know that I can do these things. Anyway, yesterday we had 4 investigators in the church. That felt good! That's the most I've had in my mission. Carlos came and he brought his mom!!! I was so surprised. She doesn't listen to the lessons, but she'll do anything for Carlos to get baptized. He wants to get baptized, and they announced his baptism during church yesterday. The 6th of Septiembre at 6 o'clock in the afternoon, so please pray for him and that everything will work out smoothly. 

Also had a Family Home Evening yesterday with him and a family. They taught about missionary service, because the parents both went on missions. The dad asked who wanted to be missionaries or for us, if we would want to serve again? Everyone raised their hands, Carlos wants to serve a mission! I'm just so happy and so blessed. Plus I heard from Ivan our first converso, he's now the mission leader and now he's filling out his missionary papers!!! AHHHHH. I could cry. This mission is such a blessing in my life. Even the people you taught and you think they'll never remember you, but they do. I forgot to add that the interviews were in Lota, where I was born in the mission. I was able to write some notes for the members and him. I love that place. I will be forever grateful. 

Love,
Hermana Melody Anderson
























No comments:

Post a Comment