Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The (almost) 2 month mark in Chile!

So my last email I made a mistake... I meant my comp doesn't speak any English! I speak more Spanish than I ever have with her. This will be a blessing because I need to learn more anyway. I enjoy reading all of your emails, they make me smile! My new comp is Hna. Barrios, she's 28! Can you believe it?! Crazy. She doesn't look 28 at all. So everything is okay, she's really sweet and patient with my bad Spanish. We both love coke so that's a good thing. We're both lost here because she's new here and so am I. This area is huge! I didn't really realize it because with my last comp we always took the bus. So maybe now since we walk everywhere maybe I won't get fat after all! YAY.

My feet hurt though by the end of the day. There are some crazy hills here, I mean crazy. Anyway, I'm so glad to be here on a mission. I don't care if some people think I'm crazy, I'll stand with my Savior always. I'm forever grateful. Hope everything is going well, and dad glad you got your deer! Can't wait to go hunting with you when I get back. Alexi, you never write me! You're probably super busy at the dark abyss... (Smith's) Joking! Haha well love you all! I'm having fun here with crazy Chilean folks. Funny story, well an excuse. We were knocking on doors and one man said he couldn't talk, because he had a tea-pot on the stove and he ran away! Weird. I love these moments I have here. Happy Halloween for when I can't say it!


Con Amor,
Hna. Melody Anderson
 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment