Saturday, January 25, 2014

Week of January 20th: New Area!

Hiiiiii everybody! I'm in a new sector now in Temuco in a cookie-cutter suburb: Fundo El Carmen. It's a little different to get used to. Every house is super similar so I'm having a hard time remembering directions, but that's why we have maps my friends! Anyway, my comp is Hermana Orellana and she's from Lima, Peru. Crazy stuff. The trip on the way here was way weird, cause I was all alone on a bus for 5 hours. But I made it here alive! The work is different here, not many investigators; so we're searching all day long. The sun is mas fuerte aquĆ­, I got a little sunburn just from the first day. So sunblock is now my friend even though I don't want it to be. Hehe.

So yesterday was the first sunday here. I had to give a talk. Gulp. My first talk ever in spanish! I'm sure it was pretty short, because all youth spoke and then bishop had to speak; so that was a sign... I spoke about how the members could be a part of this work and glory of la obra misional. I got some compliments so I guess they understood some of what I had to say. My district leader is Elder Anderson and he shares a ward with us, so everyone thinks we're brother and sister haha. I was always call him bro for fun. Also forgot to tell you we found 2 investigators and they came to churchwith us! Hopefully they can progress more.

DAD! ¡Felicitaciones! On your new calling as a 2nd counselor of the Bishopric. I know you'll do well, wish I could be there to see you sitting up there by the Bishop. So crazy!! Wow. Well I'll be praying for you and the family just like always. I'm so happy! This made my week. Thanks for everything you guys do for me. The support is overwhelming just like the love of our Heavenly Father. Remember John 14:18, He is always coming to us if we let Him. I love the love that surrounds me in this gospel. Have a great week y'all!

Con Mucho Amor,

Hermana Melody Anderson
P.S. Pictures... I went crazy being alone in back of a bus! I'm just crazy no biggie.














No comments:

Post a Comment