Sunday, October 5, 2014

This "mom" thing ain't that bad.‏

Words of my daughter, Hna. Nonu:
1. I am sick.. so I went to pick up medicine from a members store.. we couldnt find it then we found out that the members store is a sex store and he was chilling reading a Liahona in the middle of it. lol awkward
2. The first night here? It was POURING DOWN RAIN. So. my entire everything was soaking wet for a good 2 or 3 hours. 
3. Some lady pulled out her boob in the middle of the lesson to feed her 50 year old kid. jk she was 2. thats still weird. 
4. I super tripped and we started busting up laughing and some guy walking down the street was laughing at me too. hahaha
5. I ate a completo. WHATS THAT? a hot dog smothered in mayo and avocado. I hate mayo.. but it was delicious. OH and I ate a whole banana for the first time. 
6. We had ALMUERZO.. its lunch.. we eat with members at lunch instead of dinner. BUT this lady didnt talk to us the whole time and just stared at us while we ate. 
7. I had to bare my testimony in Spanish.. and I forgot to introduce myself, give them my name, and where I was from.. even though those words in Spanish are what I definitely know.
8. My companion did a boss job and placed a baptismal date on the first lesson with a old man. He is super nice and smiles at everything related to the gospel.

THATS MY WEEK. 



Howdy.
I am alive. As you saw the forward of my "daughter's" words is pretty much what sums up this week. It was a fun first week for her! Hahah I love her so much. She is so great! Hermana Nonu is 19 yrs. old and is from California, but was recently living in Utah. She's SAMOAN so she's pretty boss. We are having some great missionary fun here in Cañete. So story: I was looking how to get to Rodolfo's house and I was so lost, but I ended up exactly on his street by a miracle. He was home and his sister, so we got to teach him! The first time I met him was in the street with Hna. Van and he promised he'd come to church and he did. Anyway, when we got in he was telling us that he was just thinking about us an hour ago and that he was gonna come to church again. I invited him to get baptized during the lesson of the Restoration and he said yes! So we're helping prepare him for the 25th of Oct. Please pray for him. He is so nice and he already has a friend he knows in church. Blessings! I hoping for another great week. I love you all, and keep up the good work! I love letters... :)
Love the slowest typer ever,
Hermana Melody Anderson
 
P.S. I forgot to mention MIRACLES that happened!! When I went to the bus terminal to drop off a sister, my convert Ivan was there!!!! Crazy stuff. And the next morning I was on my way to get mi hija and I ran into Jeannette a member I absolutely adore!! People from Lota. I love my Heavenly Father so much.






No comments:

Post a Comment